Resources & outsourcing facilities of analytical environmental chemistry, aerial photography & photogrametry, satellite imaginary, advanced GIS technologies, mathematical environmental modelling, and education & training support the Group, which maintains technical and software libraries and has in-house databases and Internet facilities for information acquisition. Devoted and qualified personnel support the Group. Specifically EPSILON maintains:
- A large computational facility: MicrosoftTM-based technologies and UNIX-based workstations, scanners, digitisers & plotters, multiple storage technologies, backed-up for Intra-Group and Inter-Group communications; and other (e.g., GRID-access technology).
- Advanced geodetic & surveying stations, as GPS for field data collection and on-line transfer to the headquarters database via telecom and aircraft technologies.
- Digital photographic equipment and related peripherals for supporting field surveying and cadastral projects, including linkage to LIDAR and laser scanning aircraft facilities.
- GIS s/w technologies linked to ESRITM, AutodeskTM, Leica/TitanTM, ERDASTM, SASTM, OracleTM, MS-SQL-ServerTM, and numerous GIS added value s/w software for developing GIS applications on the Internet.
- A wide range of civil engineering, hydrology, water resources, environmental engineering, environmental pollution, transportation and surveying mathematical models used in engineering design, consulting and RTD.
- On-road and off-road vehicles for terrain, road, and navigational databases data capturing (e.g., Tele AtlasTM vehicles). Marine and boat equipped as sonar, Marine GPS, and marine satellite navigation technologies linked the Global StarTM and ELSACOM SpaTM technologies.
- Portable equipment for field surveying as PDA/GPS/GSM/GPRS, mobile technologies for online mapping on-the-vehicle, and other.
- Technologies linked to outsourcing of environmental monitoring, aerial photography and photogrametry, satellite imaginary, advanced GIS technologies, mathematical environmental modelling, and education and training, including software libraries and Internet facilities for information acquisition.